Beginner Stand Up Paddle Boarding Lessons In Pembrokeshire
Beginner Paddle Boarding Lessons In Pembrokeshire
Health and Wellness Benefits Of SUP
Why stand-up when you could run, bike, or swim? Here are just a few of the health and wellness benefits that make Stand-Up Paddle boarding an amazing activity!
- Provides A Full-Body Workout: First, SUP provides an amazing full-body workout. Your legs are engaged to keep you balanced on the board. Your core is pulled in tight for added stability. Your upper body is paddling you through the water to strengthen your shoulders, arms and upper back – it truly covers you in strength from head to toe!
- Improves Balance and Stability: Balance and stability tend to decrease as we age. Ironically, that’s just when we need it the most. SUP is virtually an entire balance workout from the moment you step on the board until the moment you get off.
- Gives You A Cardio Fix: Though it may not look like it from the photos, once you get strong enough to stay up longer on the paddle board, you’ll also find yourself wanting to move more on it which will get your heart rate up in the process. The SUP is one of those awesome activities that provides both strength and cardio all in one.
- Low Impact: So running and jumping activities have their place, but sometimes you need to get away and provide your body with a low impact alternative. Paddle boarding is a way to workout without putting so much stress on your joints, especially knees, hips and lower back.
- Strengthens Core and Lower Back: Speaking of your lower back, SUP required that you pull in your abdominals in order to stabilize and keep from tipping over. This gives you a stronger middle which includes a better lower back with fewer injuries and less back pain.
- Relieves Stress: Floating on water while enjoying the sunshine and outdoors is an excellent way to relieve stress and clear your head. Not only that, changing your workouts is important for the overall health of your body. One day a run, one day weight lifting, another day paddle boarding. Change is good!
Check out the link below for our full Stand Up Paddle boarding page: