WIN 1 FREE WEEK SURFING IN FRANCE * WIN 1 FREE PLACE ON A LIFESAVING COURSE * WIN 1 FREE PLACE ON A ISA LEVEL 1 COURSE * WIN 1 A PLACE ON A ISA LEVEL 2 COURSE
SURF COACH RESCUE COURSES
SLSGB SURF COACH RESCUE COURSES | SURF COURSES PEMBROKESHIRE UK
Surf Coach Rescue Courses Pembrokeshire, Wales UK
Beach Lifesaving Courses UK
SLSGB SURF LIFE SAVING & SURFING COACH AWARDS UK
We offer a range of lifeguard courses of varying intensity and refresher courses for those who need to re-register with the relevant recognised bodies. We also offer combined course packages so as you can become a ISA surf coach too.
All of the beach lifeguard course certifications we deliver are international recognised beach lifeguard courses award (ILS) ranging from junior life saving through to advanced beach lifeguard qualifications.
These courses are not for the faint hearted! The training involves running, swimming and rescuing plus dragging casualties through the surf zone and up the beach using rescue boards and rescue tubes. The courses also cover lifeguard and first aid theory, basic life support and spinal management.
- To establish a standard, which creates a level of competence in life saving enabling back up to qualified lifeguards
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age on the date of Assessment
- Be able to swim 400 metres in open ocean.
- Be medically and physically fit
- Minimum hours 20 prior to assessment.
VALIDITY OF AWARD
- 24 months from the date of the Assessment,
1. Fitness Test & Releases
Complete a swim of 200 metres in the sea.
2. Lifeguard Skills, Knowledge & Rescue
Demonstrate two releases selected by the Assessor.
In Open Water, demonstrate effectively the ability to carry out the following:
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of all signals
- Swim 100 metres (fins optional) to an unconscious, nonbreathingpatient. Demonstrate deep water EAV during which time the patient shall be deemed to have become conscious. Bring the patient to shore and demonstrate appropriate aftercare. The exercise must be carried out under simulated rescue conditions with an appropriate attempt to perform the rescue ‘as quickly as possible’.
- Rescue an unconscious, non-breathing, patient 150 metres from the shore using a rescue board.
- Demonstrate deep water supported EAV and return with the patient to the shore
- Rescue a conscious patient from the sea (approx. 50m from shore) without equipment demonstrating appropriate patient management and care.
- Acting as a Lifeguard, as team leader and as part of a team, initiate the appropriate procedures at an incident and provide aftercare for 1 or 2 patients from a previously unknown simulated emergency situation. At the completion of the test, complete an Incident Report form.
- As part of a team, rescue a prone patient with a suspected spinal injury and remove to safety.
Demonstrate appropriate action and aftercare
- Answer 5 questions from the work sheets (Beach Environment section) without referring to any notes. A mark of at least 4 is accepted as the minimum score permitted.
- Answer 10 questions from the work sheets (Lifeguard Techniques section) without referring to any notes. A mark of at least 8 is accepted as the minimum score permitted.
- Answer 5 questions from the work sheets (Communication section) without referring to any notes.
- A mark of at least 4 is accepted as the minimum score permitted.
3. Life Support
Using a live simulated unconscious patient (not a manikin) demonstrate:
- Scene safety and assessment
- Turning a patient from prone to supine
- Open the airway & check for signs of life
- The action for vomiting and blockages
- The recovery position and aftercare
- Using a suitable adult manikin, demonstrate CPR and the use of supplementary oxygen via an effective method.
- Obtain an airway on a suspected spinal injury patient using jaw thrust
Demonstrate CPR on a:
- Child manikin
- Baby manikin
ISA / SSA SURF & SUP SCHOOL MEMBERSHIP
SSA is a union of Welsh surfing & paddle boarding schools, clubs & organisations The SSA is a union of surf & paddle boarding schools and organisations in Wales involved in teaching and training surfing that are interested in the practice, development and promotion of surfing in terms of the definition of the ISA. The SSA label stands for the highest standard in co ...
SURF INSTRUCTOR COURSES IN WALES
Surf Instructor & Life Guard Courses in Wales DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS! ONLY IN WALES! • SLSGB BEACH LIFEGUARD AWARD • ISA LEVEL 1 SURF INSTRUCTOR • ALL FOR ONLY £330 The two courses will be run at our top of the range Surf Centre, based at Gupton Farm at Freshwater West, Wales’s most consistent surfing destination If you would like to attend the beach lifeguard cour ...
ISA LEVEL 1 & SURF COACH LIFESAVER, FRANCE
awesome week with Sven Daans Dean Gough Gemma Harris as always, congratulations to these guys on achieving their ISA L1 and Surf Coach LifeSaver award have a fantastic summer everyone. ...
THANK YOU JORDY ROBERS & ALL THE CREW FROM SOLID SURF HOUSE
Thank you, Jordy Robers, & all the crew from Solid surf house for making me so welcome in Bali! Massive congratulations to all the SSA crew & remember if nothing is going right then go left. Check them out HERE ...
"Good Vibes Only"