OUTER REEF | TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By booking with Outer Reef you agree that you have read and understood Outer Reef’s Terms and Conditions below.
Making a booking with us
Your contact details are stored in compliance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
Bookings are only confirmed once full payment has been received by Outer Reef. You should receive a confirmation email, please check your junk mail. If it is not there, please contact us as soon as possible.
By paying, you are confirming that everyone in the booking:
- can swim at least 25m unaided
- is fit and agile enough to participate in the activity booked
- is at least 7 years old for surfing,
- is at least 8 years old for all other activities (unless part of a grassroot development program then 7 years old for all activities).
- will bring any relevant medications with them and inform the instructor of any relevant conditions (e.g. asthma inhaler, diabetes). If they do not bring their medication, we may refuse to take them on the activity, with no entitlement to a refund.
- Under 18s will be under indirect supervision of their parent/guardian at the location (parents/guardians are not to leave the location of the activity). N.B. This does not apply to grassroot development programs.
Included in sessions/courses (unless otherwise specified)
- All equipment (hardware) relevant to that activity
Not included in sessions/courses (unless otherwise specified)
- Food & water
- Transport & car park fees
- Wetsuit boots (can be provided if arranged prior to arrival)
- Wetsuit gloves
- Wetsuit Hoods
Use of Gift Vouchers
Gift Vouchers are transferable and are valid for 1 year from date of purchase. They are not refundable. No cash will be given as change if the full amount is not spent. They can be redeemed for full or partial payment for any activity, package or course as long as the participant is able to join the session. They can also be used in store at one of our surf shops.
Use of Promotional or discount codes and vouchers:
The discount cannot be used on multiple purchases on different days. Only one discount can be used per purchase. The discount has no monetary value and cannot be redeemed for cash. Outer Reef reserves the right to vary the discount code conditions of use or to withdraw the discount code at any time. The discount code has a valid date and should not be used after the valid date.
Before your activity/course
It is the responsibility of the booker and participants to contact us the day before an activity to confirm the time and location of their session. We will always try our utmost to contact you ( via email, text and/or phone).
The day of your activity/course
It is the responsibility of the booker/participants to be prompt at the venue to ensure that the activity runs on time. If you are more than 25 minutes late, the activity might start without you and you are not entitled to a refund or voucher for the missed activity. It is the responsibility of the booker/participants to inform the instructor of any medications/illnesses/injuries that may impact the activity.
We may take photos and videos during your session. By booking with us you agree to inform us if you are not happy for photos/ videos to be used for marketing purposes (both online - website, social media, third party websites etc - and for print). You can also request the photos to be sent to your booking email address. Please contact us after your session if you wish to have a digital copy.
During your activity/course
We can store your property in Outer Reef vans/lockups but it is done so at your own risk. Outer Reef assumes no responsibility for any items left in our care.
You must listen and follow the direction of your Outer Reef Instructor at all times. If you are deemed to not be cooperating or being unsafe, you will be asked to leave the activity and not entitled to a refund. Outer Reef will only take participants on an activity who are free from the influence of alcohol.
We ask that you treat Outer Reef’s equipment with care. If you damage or lose any Outer Reef equipment, you agree to pay the cost of replacing or repairing the item as a result of your misconduct or negligence. This includes both hardware and clothing (such as wetsuits).
If YOU have to cancel:
We understand things happen and you may have to change your plans.
- If you cancel 21 days prior to the session or course date: Full refund will be given.
- If you cancel less than 21 days prior to the session or course: we will give you a voucher for the value of the session or course to use in store or for other activities. The vouchers are transferable and have a 365 day validity. If your session or course includes accommodation, we will endeavour to fill your spot but if we are unable to do so, we are not able to refund you for the accommodation. You will receive a voucher for the sessions.
If WE have to cancel
We are based in wonderful, wild Pembrokeshire, South West Wales and unfortunately the conditions do not always play ball. We will always try to give you as much notice as possible but sometimes unpredicted things happen. If we have to cancel, you have a few options:
- You can reschedule for another day, week or month
- We can try and get you on one of our other awesome activities
- Get a voucher for the full amount to use at another time for activities or in store at one of our 4 surf shops
- Get a full refund as the weather is the one thing we can’t control and we want you to have the best possible experience
We will always try to sort out which option works for you on the day of the cancelation but It is your responsibility to contact us as we cannot change your booking without hearing from you.
Acceptance of Risk
Participants are to be aware that outdoor activities have an element of risk and that participation is at the customer's own risk. Outer Reef takes no responsibility for any accident, injury, or loss of property, etc. that might result during or as a result of the conduct of the arranged activities. Some activities must be completed once commenced as the safest option.
We have £10 million public liability insurance and all instructors & surf crew are fully qualified & members of the NGB. Outer Reef will not accept liability of personal injury sustained to participants as a result of not following Outer Reef staff’s instructions.
"Good Vibes Only"