BEACH LIFEGUARD COURSES | SLSGB SURF COACH RESCUE COURSES PEMBROKESHIRE, WALES
BEACH LIFEGUARD COURSES
We’ve got a highly trained team here who can train you up to become international instructors too. Whether you want to for fill your destiny as a beach lifeguard on Australia’s golden coast or teach thrill seekers how to catch a wave or two, we’ve got a range of different level courses, all accredited by international bodies ILS & ISA the Surf Life Saving Society and international Surf Association, so you can take a step in the right direction towards making your hobby your dream career.
Our Surf Centre and beach lifeguard training school is based on the Welsh coast in Pembrokeshire at the National Trust base at Gupton Farm. We also run Surf Instructor courses & Beach Lifeguard courses in France, Spain, Morocco & Indonesia & due to being one of the only training centres in the UK to have a mobile unit, we can deliver these ISA qualifications and lifeguard training anywhere in the UK and worldwide. You can take advantage of our outdoor instructor programmes and first aid courses so you can be totally prepared for any situation your team might find themselves in. From basic life support training to essential first aid at work and paediatric medic awards, exceed your own expectations & become fully qualified with us!
Full Beach Lifeguard Course Syllabus
- To provide a National award for the Beach Lifeguard Course covering; fitness, practical lifeguarding skills & knowledge, rescue, life support & first aid in Wales and the rest of the UK
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age on the date of examination
VALIDITY OF lifeguard Courses & Award
- 24 months from the date of the examination
This Beach Lifeguarding Award establishes a standard that allows candidates to become full SLSGB Nars Beach Lifeguards, which is Internationally Recognised.
The course is held over 40 hours of training plus 1 day examination by SLSGB Examiners. The course includes a fitness test involving a timed swim of 400m, that must be completed in 7min 30sec. Candidates must be able to achieve this before attending the course.
£195 PER PERSON
2019 SUPER DEAL!! £100 PER PERSON FOR THE APRIL COURSES ONLY ON THE 9TH-13TH
Complete a timed swim of 400 metres over a measured course, in a pool not less than 25 metres in length, using a front stroke. A time of 7:30 minutes is accepted as the maximum time permitted for the swim.
Complete a timed run of 200 metres over a measured course, on a beach. A time of 40 seconds is accepted as the maximum time permitted for the run.
Whilst in a Pool, demonstrate two releases selected by the Examiner.
In Open Water, demonstrate effectively the ability to carry out the following:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all signals
- Run 50 metres with a rescue tube, swim 100 metres (fins optional) to an unconscious,non-breathing patient.
- Demonstrate deep water EAV during which time the patient shall be deemed to have become conscious. Bring the patient to shore and demonstrate appropriate aftercare. The exercise must be carried out under simulated rescue conditions with an appropriate attempt to perform the rescue ‘as quickly as possible’.
- Rescue an unconscious, non-breathing, patient 150 metres from the shore using a rescue board. Demonstrate deep water supported EAV and return with the patient to the shore
- Rescue a conscious patient from the sea (approx. 50m from shore) without equipment demonstrating appropriate patient management and care.
- Demonstrate the ability to surface dive to a depth of approximately 2m. This may be completed during entry into the water for the tube rescue.
- Acting as a Lifeguard, as the team leader and as part of a team, initiate the appropriate procedures at an incident and provide aftercare for 1 or 2 patients from a previously unknown simulated emergency situation. At the completion of the test, complete an Incident Report form.
- Answer 5 questions from the worksheets (Beach Environment section) without referring to any notes. A mark of at least 4 is accepted as the minimum score permitted.
- Answer 10 questions from the worksheets (Lifeguard Techniques section) without referring to any notes. A mark of at least 8 is accepted as the minimum score permitted.
- Answer 5 questions from the worksheets (Communication section) without referring to any notes. A mark of at least 4 is accepted as the minimum score permitted.
- As part of a team, rescue a prone patient with a suspected spinal injury and remove to safety. Demonstrate appropriate action and aftercare
Using a live simulated unconscious patient (not a manikin) demonstrate:
- Scene safety and assessment
- Turning a patient from prone to supine
- Checking the airway, checking for signs of breathing and of circulation
- The action for vomiting and blockages
- The recovery position and aftercare
- Obtaining an airway on a suspected spinal injury patient using jaw thrust
- Using a suitable adult manikin, demonstrate Expired Air Ventilation using supplementary oxygen via an approved method (may be continuous with above)
- Using a suitable adult manikin, demonstrate Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Demonstrate CPR on a:
- Child manikin
- Baby manikin
Acting individually, initiate the appropriate procedures at an incident and provide them aftercare for one or two patients from a previously unknown simulated first aid situation.
Answer 10 questions from the worksheets (First Aid and Resuscitation section) without referring to any notes. A mark of at least 8 is accepted as the minimum score permitted.
- Complete the syllabus for the examination
- The examination may be completed in sections providing that ALL sections are completed within three calendar months.
- Candidates MUST complete Section 1 (Fitness & Releases) before completing Section 2 (Lifeguard Skills, Knowledge & Rescue).
- Should the examination be completed over a 3 month period, the 36 month validity will commence from the date on which the first section was completed.
- When the award is renewed, the candidate may complete the examination one month prior to the expiration date of the old award. In this case, the 36 month period will start on the
- expiration date of the old award.
(Sections 3 & 4 above constitute the Emergency Aid 2 Award)
We look forward to having you on our course.
Beach Lifeguard Courses | Surf Instructors Courses
Beach Lifeguard Courses
Course Dates & Venues
"Good Vibes Only"