Improver Surfing Lesson
- Carrying the board to the water's edge – 1 person carry.
- Board control – walking out through the surf, controlling board in surf, pointing the nose into the wind on the beach.
- Board care – appropriate handling to avoid damage.
- Warm up – 5 minute routine of easy stretches.
- Simple emergency actions - what to do.
- Water currents – a basic introduction to rips.
- Avoiding other water users – rights of way.
- Care for the environment - basic rules.
- Catching the wave - padding method.
- Standing up – getting on the feet whilst riding wave, spring to feet or via knees.
- Choosing a good wave – what to look for.
- Riding the wave – standing all the way to the beach, for at least 5 seconds.
- Care of others – avoiding collisions and general awareness.
- Quick response to signals from instructors.
- Demonstrate the distress signal.
- Falling off – action to protect the head, shallow dive.
- Buddy System – showing awareness of buddy.
- Leaving water – action when leaving and joining the group.
- Stopping – stall/lean back, board to hand, jump to the side, holding the rail.
- Awareness – looking left and right whilst riding wave in a standing position.
- Pointing – leading arm pointing to the nose, looking along wave line.
- Knee riding – Catching waves, from prone to knees.
- Hand drag – drag hands in water, standing position.
- Sliding foot – slide front foot forward and back without stalling.
- Hands behind back - for 3 seconds.
- One hand on the rail – crouch for three seconds.
2 HOURS & ALL EQUIPMENT PROVIDED
£35 PER PERSON
Full Price List
- Emergency procedures - telephone, location of emergency telephone, who to telephone and what to say.
- Terminology – goofy & natural, board parts etc.
- Outer Reef Surf Scheme – level three.
- Warm ups – why? Injury prevention, improved flexibility and performance.
SURFING LESSONS PEMBROKESHIRE • LEARN TO SURF IN PEMBROKESHIRE • EXPERIENCED INSTRUCTORS •
To complete this level you will need to be on your feet most of the time.
You should feel happy going from prone to standing and have a good board control, including steering and trimming. There’s lots of freestyle, games and exercises to help progress your surfing. Don’t forget beach safety and theory. Concentrate on take-off technique – No knees please.
We run our Surf Lessons Freshwater West| Surf Lessons Manorbier |Surf Lessons BroadHaven | Surf Lessons Newgale
Learn to Paddle Boarding at Stackpole Quay,| Paddle Boarding at Barafundle Bay
"Good Vibes Only"