SURF SAFE DURING THE PANDEMIC
It’s impossible not to talk about the COVID situation at the moment, and we’ve been respecting the rules – surfing locally only, never in groups, and always at a distance. But if you’re unsure about what you can do then we’ve put together some basic tips below as well as making our accredited training courses for instructors available on Zoom, so you can still develop your career from the safety of your own home.
1. Check your regional government advice on movement restrictions before heading to the beach.
2. The general rule when approaching the ocean, as always, is Stay Safe, “if in Doubt DONT PADDLE OUT!” We want to keep any potential accidents to a minimum to keep the pressure off the NHS who, as always, are doing an incredible job and working super hard right now.
3. If you see someone in danger in the ocean call the coast guard immediately and don’t gather in crowds.
4. Surf in your bubble, we always advise you surf with a companion.
5. Always try to keep to the 2m rule when surfing and in the car park. No party waves this year guys!
6. The local police have said exercise should start at home and end at home, so unless you can walk to a beach improve your technique inside with some home training.
7. For surf supplies, our shop is now only accessible online and we’ve started a ‘click and collect’ service to ensure that you have all the equipment you need immediately.
For aspiring instructors who want to qualify before the restrictions lift, the online versions of our courses are available
FULLY QUALIFIED ISA SURF COACHES & SLSGB BEACH LIFEGUARDS
TOP ADVENTURE ACTIVITY'S IN PEMBROKESHIRE
OUR GUIDE TO HELP YOU STAY SAFE WHEN SURFING DURING THE PANDEMIC
STAY SAFE SURF DURING THE PANDEMIC
"Good Vibes Only"