WALES'S SURF SCHOOL OF THE YEAR!
Learning to surf & paddle boarding in at your own pace with your own surf instructor is the best way to develop existing skills or be introduced to the sport of kings...
BEGINNER SURFING COURSE PEMBROKESHIRE, WALES
SURFING LESSONS PEMBROKESHIRE, WALES
Beginner surfing lessons are a great way to learn the basics of Surfing. The lessons aim to develop an understanding of how to catch waves, stand up and be safe in the sea. Improver surf lessons move on from catching white water to catching green waves, improving technique and surfing different types of waves.Our Surf School is located at Freshwater West, Manorbier & Newgale. Our Surfing instructors are all fully qualified Surf Coaches & beach SLSGB lifeguards, who can coach you & your family though all levels of surfing and will be happy to run you through all the stages of learning how to surf in Pembrokeshire.
LEARN TO SURF IN PEMBROKESHIRE
We run Surf Lessons at Freshwater West| Surf Lessons Manorbier | Surf Lessons BroadHaven | Surf Lessons Newgale
Learn to Paddle Boarding at Stackpole Quay,| Paddle Boarding at Barafundle Bay
LEARN TO SURF IN PEMBROKESHIRE, WALES
Outer Reef run the ultimate surf school in Pembrokeshire. Join our surf lesson, we'll take you to the best beaches with perfect learning waves and will have you riding in no time.
Before your surf lesson you will be met by your friendly Outer Reef Guide and meet the rest of your surf group where you will be whisked away to the best beach (the exact beach depends on the conditions on the day) where the waves are ideal for learning to surf.
Daily Morning (10am-12pm) and Afternoon Lessons (2-4pm)
Lesson times are subject to availability, season and weather conditions.
ABOUT OUR BEGINNER SURFING LESSONS
On The Beach
- The wetsuit – putting on and taking off
- Leash Secured around the board, fin toward the body.
- Leash attachment – under wetsuit, card pointing outward.
- Warm up – 5 minute simple stretching
- Attack & control; head up & board straight.
- Turning board in waves -back towards waves.
- Lying on the board (Prone) – showing correct trim.
- Catching the wave – toboggan or paddling.
- Riding the wave (prone) – all the way to beach: showing correct trim & control.
- Stopping – slide to the side, holding rails.
- Trimming – small adjustments to correct prone trim.
- Awareness – look left & right whilst riding wave.
- Bottom, fin, leash and rails.
- Leash – why do we use a leash.
- Flags – identifying swimming, surfing & red flag areas.
- Signals – Understanding instructors signals.
Beach Safety & Rescue
- Responding to signals – show quick response and understanding of.
- Distress signal – demonstration and when to use it.
- Falling off – protecting your head, eyes, nose, mouth and ears.
- Buddy system – teaming up & showing awareness.
- Leaving water – inform instructor when you go and when you return.
- Press up – on toes and hands for three seconds.
- Sitting -face beach, sitting on board.
- Airplane – prone position, with arms stretched outwards (wing dips).
- Buddy Boarding – catch the same wave as buddy, at least board length apart.
SURFING COURSE PEMBROKESHIRE, WALES
- Outer Reef Surf Scheme - benefit of membership.
- Outer Reef Surf Scheme – the next step.
- Surfing terms – ‘Grommet’ and others.
- Fitness – warm up exercise, 5 minutes routine.
"Good Vibes Only"