LEARN TO SURF IN PEMBROKESHIRE | OUTER REEF SURF SCHOOL
LEARN TO SURF IN PEMBROKESHIRE, WALES
We run courses for all abilities, so if you’ve never surfed before or that haven’t surfed in a while and want to go through the basics one more time. We’ll give you a fun and encouraging introduction to surfing, and share the stoke when you catch your very first waves. In small groups our instructor we’ll make sure that you develop your skills in line with your level and that you’ll catch as many waves possible. It’s all about having fun together with the other surfers.
- The wetsuit – putting on and taking off
- Leash Secured around the board, fin toward the body.
- Leash attachment – under or over wetsuit, cord pointing outward.
- Warm up – 5 minute simple stretching
- Attack & control; head up & board straight.
- Turning board in waves -back towards waves.
- Lying on the board (Prone) – showing correct trim.
- Catching the wave – toboggan or paddling.
- Riding the wave (prone) – all the way to the beach: showing correct trim & control.
- Stopping – slide to the side, holding rails.
- Trimming – small adjustments to correct prone trim.
- Awareness – look left & right whilst riding wave.
- Bottom, fin, leash and rails.
- Leash – why do we use a leash.
- Flags – identifying swimming, surfing & red flag areas.
- Signals – Understanding the instructor's signals.
- Responding to signals – show quick response and understanding of.
- Distress signal – demonstration and when to use it.
- Falling off – protecting your head, eyes, nose, mouth and ears.
- Buddy system – teaming up & showing awareness.
- Leaving water – inform the instructor when you go and when you return.
- Press up – on toes and hands for three seconds.
- Sitting -face beach, sitting on board.
- Airplane – prone position, with arms stretched outwards (wing dips).
- Buddy Boarding – catch the same wave as buddy, at least board length apart.
2 HOURS & ALL EQUIPMENT PROVIDED
£35 PER PERSON
Full Price List
Surf Lessons For All Abilities
Open every day
Surfing lessons in Pembrokeshire
Learn to surf in Pembrokeshire at your own pace with your own surf instructor is the best way to develop existing skills or be introduced to new ones & to the sport of kings on the Pembrokeshire coastline.
WALES'S SURF SCHOOL OF THE YEAR!
Learning to surf & paddle boarding in at your own pace with your own surf instructor is the best way to develop existing skills or be introduced to the sport of kings...
"Good Vibes Only"