Surfing Lessons At Newgale Beach In Pembrokeshire
Surf Lessons In Newgale in Pembrokeshire, Wales
Surfing Lessons at Newgale Pembrokeshire, Wales. We run Surf Lessons at Newgale Beach in the beautiful Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. This Beach is Enormous! is the only way to describe this beach; it's almost 2 miles of sand backed by a huge pebble bank formed after a BIG storm in 1859. We run Surfing Lessons on this popular beach and hire is available. Walk right down to the southern end to find a walk-through cave and numerous sheltered bays. Cross the river, at the back of the pebble bank opposite the cafe at the north end to gain access to several low tide bays. At very low tide it’s possible to walk round to Cwm Mawr beach but keep an eye on the tide times as you dont want to get cut off. Dog restrictions apply to the middle third of the beach between the 1st May and 30th September. Check out a map of the beach to help with which section of beach it applies to.
Our Surfing Lessons at Newgale - Family Friendly Surf Courses
We run daily Surfing Lessons at Newgale from Easter to the end of October primarily for family's
Learn To Surf With Outer Reef Surf School
Newgale Beach Surf Courses Times Morning outings start at 9:45am Afternoon outings start at 1:45pm Our times do depend on the wind & tide to make your experience the best it can be!
- A friendly and fully qualified Surf Coach
- Wetsuit & all equipment
- Safety Equipment
NEWGALE SURFING COURSES
Surf Lessons At Newgale in Pembrokeshire, Wales
Open every day
Surfing lessons in Pembrokeshire
Learn to surf in Pembrokeshire at your own pace with your own surf instructor is the best way to develop existing skills or be introduced to new ones & to the sport of kings! So come & enjoy the Pembrokeshire coastline with us....
Surfing Lessons At Newgale Beach
SURF, COASTEERING, PADDLE BOARDING ACTIVITIES IN PEMBROKESHIRE WALES
Outer Reef Surf School is the official activity provider for The National Trust, and we approach all our surfing lessons with safety in mind. We are licensed by the AALA (Adventure Activities Licensing Association), are an SSA accredited surf school, and all Outer Reef surf coaches are fully qualified ISA surf school instructors.
Beginner Surfing Lesson
Surfing Lessons at Newgale Pembrokeshire
Our Surf Lessons are run in a very dynamic way, with lots of water time. Here is a brief introduction & over view of your lesson. we will explain how to...
- The wetsuit – putting on and taking off
- Leash Secured around the board
- Leash attachment – over wetsuit, cord pointing outward.
- Warm up – 3-5 minutes simple dynamic stretching to get you ready for SURFING!
You don’t have to worry about safety, let us do that... We will quickly explain, show you a demonstration we will explain how to control the board & you have lots of time to practice in the water riding the waves.
- Head up & board straight.
- Turning board in waves -back towards waves.
- Lying on the board (Prone) – showing correct trim.
- Catching the wave – toboggan or paddling.
- Riding the wave (prone) – all the way to the beach: showing correct trim & control.
- Picking the right waves
- How to Stopping – slide to the tail & sit on it, holding your rails.
- Trimming – small adjustments & tips we give really help you to correct your board & progress fast.
- Awareness – look left & right whilst riding wave & being aware of whats going on around you.
We will explain parts of the board & give you a informative safety talk & explain the lifeguard flags to
- Bottom, fin, leash and rails.
- Leash – why do we use a leash.
- Flags – identifying swimming, surfing & red flag areas.
- Signals – Understanding the instructor's signals.
Like we said you don’t have any thing to worry about when your with us & we will teach you how to surf safe if you hire equipment to practice.
- Responding to signals – show quick response and understanding of.
- Distress signal – demonstration and when to use it.
- Falling off – protecting your head, eyes, nose, mouth and ears.
- Buddy system – teaming up & showing awareness.
- Leaving water – inform the instructor when you go and when you return.
We run our surf lessons in a fun, safe way & give you so many tips & easy achievable goals to help you get to your feet & ride the waves.
- Press up – on toes and hands for three seconds.
- Sitting -face beach, sitting on board.
- Airplane – prone position, with arms stretched outwards.
- Buddy Boarding – catch the same wave as buddy, at least board length apart.
- Standing up !!!!
2 HOURS & ALL EQUIPMENT PROVIDED
£35 PER PERSON
Full Price List
"Good Vibes Only"